Friday, March 8, 2013

Day Whatever: Whatever


Clearly I am a Quitter.  Or at least perpetually bad at following other people's rules.

I did give quite a bit of thought to yesterday's topic ("Fear"), but ended up just feeling discouraged at the realization that motherhood and too many emergency room visits (for my dad, not my children...knock wood) have made me an anxious little person.  Must work on that.  And trust me, you don't want to see a photo of me being fearful.

Today's prompt is "Favourite," but that just makes me cranky because I like/love a zillion things and nothing is my favorite.  Well, roses, maybe.  Which look like this at the moment:


So adieu, Photo Challenge, and thank you for kicking my backside into blogging again.

Now, to turn to pertinent current events.  It is Green Eggs and Ham Day at school, and here are the ingredients for Papa Speechless's vegetarian offering (Beet-Dyed Pink Eggs and Fakin' Bacon Polka Dots), pictured alongside fortifying travel mug of tea.


And here is a person observing both Hat Day (yet another facet of Dr. Seuss Week) and Maybe Finally Warm Enough To Wear My Jaunty New Spring Jacket? Day.  Mighty stylish, don't you think?

 

(The other kid left before I woke up this morning.  Early drum ensemble practice.  Followed by school.  Followed by tennis.  Yes, we're revving up toward spring all over the place...)

8 comments:

kristina said...

Your roses are a favorite of mine too--looking forward to pictures in a few months! K x

Toffeeapple said...

Sweet boy! You still have snow?

driftwood said...

roses, I am dreaming of roses, and looking out in misery at my rotting in the damp lavender plants.........

The Coffee Lady said...

Oh dear. That tub of red stuff is just waiting to stain something.

The Coffee Lady said...

Oh dear. That tub of red stuff is just waiting to stain something.

dottycookie said...

Green eggs and ham day? Blimey!

Lisa said...

Great hat!
Seeing snow and talking of Spring is a strange combo, but then it's been so sunny here today and there is talk of snow on Monday!
Lisa x

Half-heard in the Stillness said...

He looks super smart in his hat and turquoise coat Lynn! Thanks for calling by this morning, it's reminded me I have an email to write....

Hugs Jane x